Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Deer in the Headlights




Here are my top five reasons I love living in the country:


1. You can see a mullet on any give day


2. No one can hear your kids throwing huge fits because there is more than 10 feet of space b/w houses


3. I get to take long scenic drives and use gallons and gallons of gas just to run and get milk


4. Entertainment is taking our kids for a ride on the mower


5. You can get some major roadkill on your way to the grocery store.





Yes I hit a deer last night and it was just the cap to my already grumpy day.


It started off by me making maddie the delinquent kindergarten kid in her class by making her late for school yesterday. We were already late and then half way there we realized we forgot the backpack. So... it progressively got later.





Then I get to the gym and I got in a huge confrontation with the manager there about child safety in their day care because the workers there could have let my kids go off with jo schmo and no one would have even noticed. They LOVE to see me coming in the gym everyday because I am always complaining about something.





Then, Lilly had a particularly bad day yesterday and threw about 100 fits over each and everything she did not like. Most of all we have had HUGE fits over me making her come inside after visiting with our new EIGHT baby kittens. (That should have been on my top 5 list: having a new litter of kittens every two months). She is a major animal lover and nurturer (when she isn't carrying them by their necks or dropping them on their heads-it's a good thing cats have nine lives).





Then...the deer incident occurred as I was trying to go the grocery way too late and I was grumpy over that too. Luckily steve had pounded into my head to HIT THE DEER HIT THE DEER HIT THE DEER instead of swerve so I guess I just had that in my subconcious. The poor thing hobbled up after I hit it but I can bet it was a gonner. My car looks like a gonner on one side but I am just thankful that was all that happened.





So basically I woke up grumpy and went to bed grumpy and then I woke up this morning and just prayed to God to renew my spirit and help me be the mother and wife and friend I should be and to try to be joyful in all things. And I have to say today is so much better!!!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

interesting and ironic follow-up to your "life is good" post:) Isn't that how it works though? You feel great one day, and the next Satan does some major attacking.

Sorry your Monday started out bad... the week can only get better right?

Love you and will pray no more grumpies and no more random animal incidences...

Nicole said...

oh by the way.. I am SOOO glad you are ok. Trev has told me many times to "hit the deer" and I know my instinct would still be to swerve.... way to keep your cool!

Lela Kay said...

Glad all is well and hope you are recovering from the wide open country with all its wildlife! Love the pics! It's fun to see the pics ans stories as your life continues to grow and develop with the blessings of your now 3 kiddos!