Friday, August 17, 2007

Life is Good








Life could not be any better. Maddie started school as a big kindergarten girl. I can't believe she is 5 years old and in school ALL DAY LONG.








I was horrified at the notion of her being away from me all day long until I realized that maybe this was time God was giving me to be a better teacher and playmate to Greyson and Lilly and to get stuff done around our house. We spent all summer running from one place to the next and now it was time to slow down and get into a schedule. I have to say, much to my surprise I am becoming a domestic diva! Maybe not a diva but I am getting much better at being content to stay at home and not run all over town on twenty playdates. I do miss adult conversation!






Greyson is amazing us everyday. He went from crawling, to walking to running in a matter of days right after his first birthday in June and now can already go up and down stairs and say lots of short phrases like "all done", "start it", and uh oh. We think he might be brilliant!!!


Lilly is feeling like the big sister with Maddie gone all day and likes to tell Greyson what to do constantly. They fight pretty much non stop and then all of the sudden Lilly will do something really loving for him like give him a toy of hers or just go give him a big bear hug and it warms my heart.


Steve is still amazing steve- He has started a new job with amazing ease and seems to never complain over anything. He has bonded really well with Greyson- I think it is so fun to see him iwth a boy- It is a new dynamic in our family that is really cool.


On a more serious note:


I am adjusting so much better to life with three kids. I had a very serious depression when I came home from Ethiopia and would be glad to talk to anyone who has experienced something similar because it is very real. You feel alot of guilt over it and I think it should be discussed more by the agencies as something that could happen and how to deal with it.


I believe satan wants to use whatever he can to attack families who are trying to follow Gods and this was just my personal struggle. I know other families deal with other struggles of their own when they bring adopted kids home. i also know that God helps renew me each day to make me a better mother and that is the only way my feelings have changed.


All in all, God is Good and he watches over our family every day.






4 comments:

Tara said...

Heather,
Thanks so much for the sweet words on our blog! Wow, it really is amazing, after reading your profile how the Lord really is taking us on the same journey. Reading your words- I feel like I have said those very same things! Greyson is completley precious!!! Your family will be in my prayers today.

Nicole said...

Heather, your strength and courage has been amazing to watch these past few months. Experiencing Greyson's arrival and his transition into your family has been awesome to watch and although, I know it was difficult early on, you kept your focus and your eyes on God and He has never let go of you. I can't wait to see what He has in store for your family in the months and years to come. LOVE YOU!

Lela Kay said...

You certainly have a beautiful family and I know that God will be so faithful to continue to add blessing upon blessing to your family as you have listened and followed His will! Take care of those precious little ones, and of mommy and daddy too! :-)

Melinda said...

Hi Heather,
First off congratulations on your new son. He is adorable! I would love to chat more with you about the depression. I went through the same thing when we came home in January with our 16mo old son from Ethiopia. Email me at momtoo2girls@yahoo.com