Thursday, February 21, 2008

Crazy Day!

Notice that Lilly had peed her pants and now was pantless to add to the excitement of the day
Aren't they all stinkin cute????

Today Lilly and Greyson and I set off to drive to Lexington to visit one of my oldest and dearest friends, Jodi Stone, and her family. She was visiting from Georgia and we never get to see each other and our two newest international additions had never met either. So, after dropping off Maddie we headed that way and almost got there when I get a call from Melanie and she says that the winter ice storm we were supposed to get at RUSH HOUR was heading our way much earlier and they were letting school out early. So... I went into panic mode because I am terrified terrified of a few things 1. Tornadoes 2. Heights 3. and driving in ice.



We decided to go ahead and visit Jod anyway for a few minutes and it was the most hurried crazy visit ever- Our kids were running around (and fighting, and not sharing of course) and Jodi and I got maybe three sentences finished between us. So much for catching up right????

I was happy to see her, the kids and her parents who I love and have not seen in ages.

I drove like a bat out of hell on the way home trying to beat the storm and was literally sweating when I get home- I know its crazy but I really have a fear.

Anyway Jodi if you are reading this...



We love ya Jod and we miss you!






1 comment:

Nicole said...

okay, not funny but kinda funny...I was picturing the chaos and you being frantic over picking up Maddie and driving in ice and then Lilly pantless in this freezing weather and you sweaty from rushing... it just made for a humorous mental picture! BUT as a mom I have had many of those moments and when you are living them... not sooo funny.

Glad you got to see Jodi though.. you are some cute Mama's...

Gearing up for Maddie's b-day shindig??? I miss you! We are iced in (AGAIN) today and going crazy!!!I am assuming your sis
has got to be at her wit's end with all these snowdays we have had. It's really insane!

love you and miss you!!! Keep posting... How's marathon training?