Monday, February 25, 2008

HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY SWEET MADDIE!


I always reminisce on the day of my kids birthdays and remember the day they were born. Believe it or not my mom still does the same thing for me and my sister and always calls me at the exact time I was born to wish me a happy birthday!


I cannot believe it was 6 years ago and everything is still so vivid- How, as I was in labor, I made Steve paint my toe nails before we could go the hospital.


How I never knew labor could hurt so bad.


How i never knew you shook uncontrollably while you were simultaneously sweating and laboring.


How life never seemed happier when you finally got the epidural and you could relax and chill the rest of the LONG LONG labor.


How my cute little doctor who I totally depended on had the nerve to be on vacation and instead of be there to deliver my baby. (How dare he!) Instead I had the doctor with the toupee that was falling off. (He was great by the way)


How the doctor offered me a view of the birth with a gargantuan mirror and it completely freaked me out and I told him to take it away QUICKLY.


How amazed I was when I finally saw Maddie and how completely beautiful she was.


How the first thing Steve and I both said was " she has dimples!" All in all we looked at each other and thought- WOW, isn't she amazing???? And Maddie is Amazing.




Maddie you are a brilliant, beautiful and amazing girl. You never cease to amaze me with your wonder at how the world works and your willingness to work hard to learn. You have an excitement about life and a zeal that is wonderful and gets me excited too. You love God with all your heart already and your Dad and I pray that above all things in your life you always follow Him wherever he leads you .




WE LOVE YOU!


Mom and Daddy

2 comments:

Nicole said...

awww... what a beautiful and fun tribute!
You must not have been born in the middle of the night b/c I know in my case.. my mom calling me at the exact time of my birth (2:30 am) would not be seen as kind and thoughtful:)

love you and miss our times together:)

Lela Kay said...

What beautiful sentiment for your daughter! Happy b-day to you, Maddie, and God bless you and Steve, Heather, as you continue to raise a daughter who will hopefully one day, choose Christ above all and live for His approval only!