Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Goodbye Summer, Goodbye Kentucky Chingdom




















From the first day of summer, Lilly has woken up and asked me if we were going to "Kentucky Chingdom". It is her favorite place in the whole entire world and I have never seen her have more fun than she has had there. We have had a fun summer riding rides at the Chingdom, swimming at the pool in happening Shelbyville (I will not miss seeing that pool until next summer), being able to hang with Nicole and her kiddos, Melanie and Shannon and the kids, and all of our Strathmoor friends. Summer is definitely the best time of the year for me because #1 its hot and #2 it is so laid back.
We had some fun with Nana and Papa yesterday on Labor day to say goodbye to summer. Now I think we are ready to say hello to alot of new friends from church and school, new schedules and routines, and STRUCTURE again.

For some reason at the beginning of each new season I get really excited and hopeful and I feel that way again. We are starting in a couples small group at our church and just starting to get involved there so I am really pumped. Maddie is having her difficult moments with her new school but all in all is adjusting great. Steve's job is going well too- he is becoming quite the roast beef sandwich afficianado.


Now if I could just lose those last 20 pounds...
























2 comments:

Nicole said...

awwww... cute pics...Everyone looks older. Is that possible??? Except you of course. You look 10 years younger and 10lbs thinner (20lbs?? are you kidding??? You are already thin!!)
If you can believe it, we are still swimming here... the pool doesn't close for another 3 weeks and we leave for Myrtle Beach in 2 weeks so I guess our summer doesn't officialy end until we get home from that trip. Parker does start school tomorrow so that brings some routine and structure to our VERY laid back (and dare I say bummy) summer. It was soooo much fun and I am sad to see it end. I think I will just let it end when I have to throw in the flip flops and pack away the swimsuit... I just can't handle good-byes...

miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debbie said...

Hi Heather!
I am a new reader to your blog. We are an adoptive family with five kiddos...two from Korea and three from Philippines. We also used Wide Horizons for all our adoptions!

Beautiful children and a blessed family.